Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chicken Bowtie Pasta Salad



Every week I find myself making this salad :)  I love how it is still as good as it was the first time after it's been in the fridge a couple days.  My husband and I whip this up every week and find ourselves eating it for a quick and easy lunch, pulled straight from the fridge.  It's also great on the side on any meal!  It's a great, light combination of fresh fruit, veggies, chicken, pasta, draped with a delicious sauce.  Eat up!

Printable Version

Ingredients:
2 lbs. shredded chicken
12 oounces bowtie noodles, cooked
12 ounces tri colored spiral noodles, cooked
2 cups celery, chopped
2 cups grapes
2 cans mandarin oranges
1 large can pineapple tidbits (optional)
12-16 cashews, halved (optional)
1 bag craisins (optional)

Sauce:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (16 ounce) Kraft coleslaw dressing

Directions:
1.  Mix all salad ingredients together (except cashews and mandarin oranges).
2.  Blend sauce ingredients, pour over salad, and mix well.
3.  Add mandarin oranges.  Toss gently.

1 comment:

  1. yummm, love the play of colors here....and another (FEC) material I can share to my viewers. ty for sharing

    ReplyDelete