Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Okay, so I have this thing where I LOVE Mexican food. When I saw this recipe for Taquitos the other week, I knew I had to try them! And, let me tell you, they were delicious. I thought we would be eating them again for another meal, but they were gobbled faster than I could entertain the idea :) They have such a delicious, creamy, flavorful sauce....cheese....and chicken all wrapped up into amazingness! Enjoy!
1/3 cup (3 ounces) cream cheese
1/4 cup salsa
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
2 cups chicken, shredded
1 cup cheese, grated
small corn or flour tortillas
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir. Add salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic. Stir to combine, then add cilantro and green onions. Next, add chicken and cheese and combine well.
3. Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges. Roll it up as tight as you can.
4. Place taquitos seam side down on the baking sheet, making sure they are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray or an oil mister and sprinkle some kosher salt on top.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
Source: Our Best Bites