I'd have to say that if there is one thing I love to try new recipes for, it would be desserts :) MMMM. I had these cookies a long time ago, loved them, and then completely forgot about them......until now! I came across this recipe and remembered a long lost love. With chocolate, more chocolate, and caramel, how can you go wrong...really?!
2 ½ cups flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
48 Rolos, unwrapped
1 tablespoon sugar
4 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating, optional
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
3. For each cookie, with lightly floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
5. Melt candy coating in the microwave according to package directions. Drizzle over cookies.
Source: My Baking Addiction