Monday, November 1, 2010
Baked Potato Soup
Just as a little background, I'm actually not a big baked potato fan. But, as a creamy soup??? Yes please!!!! I really enjoy soups on these cold, fall days where all you want to do is snuggle up and eat something that will warm you right up. And, in my opinion, it made for some good comfort food as well because I am not really excited for the winter months ahead! ha ha. Don't get me wrong, I love the winter, snow, and fun things to do, but I feel like winter can drag on too long sometimes. I'll take a couple months and be done :) Anyways, I REALLY enjoyed this soup. Try it out sometime!
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup flour
4 1/2 cups milk
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
4 baked potatoes
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. In a large pot, melt butter. Add garlic and saute for 30-60 seconds.
2. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to eliminate lumps. Whisk until smooth, then add chicken broth.
3. Bring soup to a boil and heat until thickened.
4. Turn heat down, and scoop the inside of the potatoes into the soup. Smash the large clumps with spoon.
5. Add cheese, salt, pepper and green onions.
6. Remove pan from heat, add sour cream, and half the bacon. Top soup with sour cream, green onions, extra cheese, and bacon.
Source: Our Best Bites