Thursday, December 2, 2010
Pepperoni Pasta Bake
I don't know about you, but I am a lover of all foods Italian! Pizza and pasta are some of my favorite foods :) So, when I came across this recipe that combined both into one, I couldn't refuse! Enjoy this simple and yummy pasta dish :)
8 ounces pasta
1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Combine 2 1/3 cups spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, onion, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
3. Drain pasta and combine with spaghetti sauce mixture.
4. Put mixture into a greased 3 quart baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce over the top.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Source: Taste of Home Cookbook