Thursday, March 3, 2011
Baked Chicken Parmesan
And the lighter recipes continue.... :) I love chicken parmensan, and came across this lighter, baked version. I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. I didn't think anything could beat the fried goodness of my usual chicken parmesan, but this is pretty darn good. In fact, I might even like it better....... Did I just say that? Yes, lighter is better. At least in this case. Enjoy! :)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
1. Cut each chicken breast into two cutlets.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
3. Lightly brush each cutlet with melted butter. Dip each cutlet in bread crumb mixture, covering completely.
4. Place breaded cutlets on baking sheet and lightly spray the top of each cutlet with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over each cutlet and top with cheese. Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Source: Skinny Taste