Saturday, November 24, 2012
Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza
Pizza is a big deal in our house. My husband's favorite food is pizza, so I have always wanted to find a great pizza recipe we can make at home. The crust for this pizza is the best homemade crust I have ever come across, and we love it! This is one of our favorite types of pizza to make.... it is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. So, if you've never tried to make homemade pizza before, you should definitely give this one a try :) Enjoy!
What is your favorite kind of pizza?
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/3 cup warm water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups flour
cooking spray or oil to coat pan
bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 chicken breasts, cooked, seasoned (I use poultry seasoning), and diced
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
2. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans, spray with cooking spray or coat evenly with oil. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans.
3. Spray the outer edge of dough with cooking spray and cover. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. Spread thin layer of ranch dressing on prepared crust, leaving 1" on the edges. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the ranch, then top with desired amounts of bacon, tomatoes, and chicken.
5. Bake in the oven at 475 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and crust is slightly brown.
Source: Adapted from CD Kitchen