Saturday, November 17, 2012

No Bake, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies


I just remembered how good these are.  I think most everyone probably already has this recipe - it's a classic.  I hadn't had them in years and decided to dust off the recipe and make a batch.  They were SO quick, so easy, and so delicious!  I am such a sucker for the chocolate peanut butter combination.  Really.  Anyway, enjoy this classic and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.  I know I have a lot to be thankful for :)

What are you thankful for?

Printable Version
Ingredients:
½ cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats

Directions:
1.  Add butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
2.  Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
3.  Remove from heat.
4.  Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
5.  Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
6.  Let cool until set.

Source:  Brown Eyed Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment