Saturday, October 9, 2010

Creamy Vegetable Soup


I love how warm soup can taste SO good on a cold, fall day.  It's definitely been getting a lot cooler here as fall is settling in.  This is a really great soup with of course....cheese :) and lots of delicious vegetables.  I don't know if any of you know what I mean when I say that I can't wait for a kitchen that actually has some natural light coming in....but, just so you know, someday, my pictures will have natural light in them :)  Until then, cozy up and enjoy some delicious, creamy, cheesy soup.  MMMMMM.

Printable Version

Ingredients:

4 carrots, peeled and sliced
6 celery stalks, sliced
1 onion, diced
4-6 potatoes, cubed
1 bunch broccoli, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
4 cups milk
16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed

Directions:

1.  Boil carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, and broccoli in water until tender (about 10-15 minutes).
2.  In another pot, melt butter over medium heat, then stir in flour until smooth.  Whisk in about 2 1/2 cups of the milk until sauce thickens and boils.
3.  Add chicken broth, vegetables, cheese, and remaining milk to sauce.  Cook until cheese melts and sauce thickens.

Source:  Creations by Kara

5 comments:

  1. Now that looks soooo comforting.And cheese makes it better.Cheese makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO good! I wish I had Velveeta right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm, Velveeta! I'm so in love with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though I don't know Velveeta cheese, this soup sounds fantastic! Perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup looks so yummie! Now I need a cold day...

    ReplyDelete